metallic paint faux finishes

metallic paint faux finishes
metallic ceiling

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Flip that house with Faux

This project was a wonderful opportunity to help a family in diress, and also to be involved creativly with a group of artists donating thier time and skills for a better purpose. The mural I worked on was a ceiling mural, I was contacted by Jeanette Fischer last spring, she told me about the project and I was more than willing to participate. Jeanette told me the dimensions of the room, and e mailed me a sample of the fabric selected for the bedding. I designed a mural utilizing the unique bamboo leaves and delicate florals from the fabric. I wanted to soften the the edges of the room and ceiling with an entwined motiff in the bamboo. After I painted the mural on a light weight canvas I mailed it to California from my NY studio. There the mural was installed to the ceiling -the results very pleasing and comfortable master bed room. To read more about this project scroll down and hit the link to the right.