metallic paint faux finishes

metallic paint faux finishes
metallic ceiling

Friday, September 11, 2009

St Elizabeth Seton school

Updating and creating a warm environment for Catholic School children. Most schools in general have an "antiseptic" type hospital feel about them . St. Elizabeth Seton school in Bellemore was no exception. When I was contacted by Joe Maniscalco, (head of the Father's Guild) to transform the 2 vast cafeterias and entryway. I had some very definative ideas about what I wanted to achieve. The principal, Leann Graziose, was a dream to work with, her only wish was to include the Noah's Arc theme mural in the foyer connecting the two cafeterias. The rest was up to me, she stated "if you see a spot that needs paint, knock yourself out" - so I did! The main entrance was treated with religious theme mini murals depicting the seasons of the church. I used a mosaic cross stencil and hand painted scrolls and leaves. Cafeteria one has an all out fun feast for the eyes mural depicting fantasy dragons, mermaids , princesses and space. Cafeteria two is hosting a Dali reproduction featuring butterflies and vast perspective. The Noah's Arc themed mural shows the Arc breaking through the wall of the school and the animals are strategically scattered through out the corridors. I believe the paintings have indeed created a fun and more creative environment for the children and I hope they enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them.